Pre-qualification of contractors
Mozambique Mueda Negomano Road Project
Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Road R1251 Roma – Negomano (70 km) in Cabo Delgado
Province (Mtwara Development Corridor – Phase 1)
TENDER No: 65/DIPRO-ANE/313/2016
Issue Date: 18th August 2017
Submission Date: 29th September 2017
- This Invitation for Prequalification (IFP) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this Project that appeared in the United Nations Development Business online (UNDB online)and on the African Development Bank’s Internet Website (www.afdb.org) on 22nd of November 2016 and local newspaper “Not’icias” dated 23rd and 28h December 2015 for Road R1251 Roma and Negomano Section, which is a section of Mtwara Development Corridor.
- The Government of Mozambique has received a credit from the African Development Bank (ADB) in various currencies towards the cost of Mueda Negomano Road Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this credit to eligible payments under the Contract for which this Invitation for Pre- Qualification is issued.
- The National Roads Administration (ANE), hereinafter referred to as « the Employer,” intends to prequalify contractors for the Mueda- Negomano Road Project. Road R1251 Roma – Negomano (70 km), MTWARA DEVELOPMENT CORRIDOR, PHASE I “
- The Road is located in the northern part of the country, specifically in the province of Cabo Delgado, the road starts at the city of Mueda, main-town of the district of the same name and ends at Negomano at the start of the access road leading to the Unity Bridge over the Rovuma River at the Tanzanian border with a total length of 70km in Lot 2, the road evolves through a flat to hilly terrain.
- Prequalification will be conducted through prequalification procedures specified in the Bank’s Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries, as defined in the
- Eligible applicants may obtain additional information after the 18th August 2017 at the address indicated below:
Administraçâo Nacional de Estradas Gabinete do Director Geral
Unidade Gestora Executora das Aquisiçôes (UGEA)
Av. de Moçambique, 1225 P.O. Box 403 Maputo – Moçambique Telephone: + 258 21 476163/Fax: + 258 21 475862
- A set of Prequalification Documents in English, may be purchased from Monday to Friday during working hours by interested applicants on the submission of a written application from the above address and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of MT 5000,00 (Five thousand Meticais) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency. Payment must be made via bank deposit into the account shown below:
For Mozambican Meticais (MZN):Beneficiary: Administraçâo Nacional de Estradas (ANE)
Bank Name: Millennium BIM Account
Number: 66 153 128
NIB: 000 100 000 006 615 312 857
IBAN: MZ 590 001 000 0000 6615 312 857
For United States Dollars (USD):Beneficiary: Administraçâo Nacional de Estradas (ANE)
Bank Name: Millennium BIM
Account Number: 214 410 75
NIB: 000 100 000 002 144 107 557
IBAN: MZ 590 001 000 0000 002 144 107 557
Swift Code: BIMOMZMX
Correspondent Bank: Citibank N.A. – New York
Bic Code : CITIUS33
- A minimum requirement for qualification is to have successfully carried out at least three projects of a value, nature and complexity comparable to the proposed contract within the last 6 years. Detailed qualification criteria are specified in paragraph. 4 of Instruction to Applicants.
- Submissions of Applications for Prequalification must be received in sealed envelopes, either delivered to the following address:
Administraçâo Nacional de Estradas Gabinete do Director Geral Av. de Moçambique, 1225 P.O. Box 403 Maputo – Moçambique Telephone: + 258 21 476163/7 Fax: + 258 21 475862
Not later than: 29th September 2017 and clearly marked “Application to Pre-Qualify for Mueda- Negomano Road Project. Road R1251 Roma – Negomano (70 km), MTWARA DEVELOPMENT CORRIDOR, PHASE I “ICB 65/DIPRO-ANE/313/2016
The National Roads Administration reserves the right to reject late applications.
Applicants will be advised, in due course, of the results of their applications. Only Bidders and joint ventures
prequalified under this procedure will be invited to bid.
Download : Pre-qualification of contractors_Mozambique